Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Lead, you will switch between developing global policies for YouTube content, driving cross-functional projects, and clarifying solutions to problems.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
(Colorado only*) Minimum Salary of $110,000 - $118,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
• Develop, maintain, and update our global policies in various areas of online content.
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders and company executives regarding proposed content policy efforts.
• Lead research and training for new policies and emerging risks across the globe (e.g., speech and political trends).
• Build and strengthen partnerships with cross-functional groups including Public Policy, Public Relations, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Sales. Understand and clearly communicate the challenges and needs presented by the latest trends globally.
• Work with global teams to ensure effective operationalization of global policies.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of experience in developing or managing policy for an online platform and/or engagement with online public policy issues.
• Experience working with global teams and communicating with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Experience in data-driven impact analysis.
• Experience implementing strategic and/or projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to engage and discuss sensitive or controversial topics.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy45xq-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.