Policy Escalation Specialist, Trust and Safety, YouTube (Mandarin)
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Escalation Specialist, you will work across Trust and Safety and YouTube to ensure escalations are handled holistically.
You will provide management of escalations, creating a pathway to resolution, and communicating with key stakeholders as well as our executive team. You will develop preventative solutions to handle future escalations, and help assess risk to the YouTube platform. You will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
In this role, you will need to be available for on call work at weekends and holiday hours on a rotational basis.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Own and manage policy escalations, driving consensus across all stakeholders.
• Review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube's community guidelines.
• Develop knowledge across all product areas to ensure faster, more efficient resolution. Develop post-mortem and implementations of preventative solutions, including working with Engineering on tools.
• Ensure that all escalations are triaged, tracked, investigated, resolved, and communicated accurately using internal tools and systems. Manage or assist in conducting reviews to capture lessons-learned and ensure regular follow-up.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience working in an operations-oriented organization.
• Ability to speak and write in English and
• Ability to work assigned shifts, non-standard work hours as needed, including weekends, holidays and other shifts.
• Experience applying policy to online content, while making accurate judgment calls regarding appropriate and violative content.
• Experience with spreadsheets, databases, SQL, and data analysis.
• Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
• Experience working with international issues across multiple geographies (e.g., freedom of expression, child safety and/or online controversial content).
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail in a changing environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5w6n0-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.