Policy Escalation Specialist, Regulatory and Compliance, YouTube (Hindi)
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for ensuring the implementation of compliance processes for emerging content regulations. You will drive our compliance capability development and implementation. You will be responsible for ensuring that our Policies are enforced effectively, including from the point of identification of possible violation, to removal and appeals. You will work with cross-functional teams to provide YouTube's response to emerging escalations. You will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines. This role will require on-call work at weekends and holidays on a rotational basis.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Own and manage policy escalations from Legal and Compliance teams, driving consensus across all stakeholders.
• Engage and support Hindi speaking customers to navigate industry standards. View Hindi and English graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube's community guidelines.
• Develop knowledge across all product areas to ensure faster, more efficient resolution. Develop post-mortem and implementations of preventative solutions, including working with Engineering on tools.
• Ensure that all escalations are triaged, tracked, investigated, resolved, and communicated accurately using internal tools and systems. Manage or assist in conducting reviews to capture lessons-learned and ensure regular follow-up.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience working in an operations-oriented organization.
• Ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours.
• Ability to speak and write in Hindi fluently in order to communicate with stakeholders in-market, who may be from India, and review Hindi content.
• Experience applying policy to online content, while making accurate judgment calls regarding appropriate and violative content.
• Experience with spreadsheets, databases SQL, and data analysis.
• Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
• Experience working with international issues across multiple geographies, including freedom of expression, child safety, and/or online controversial content.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail in an ever-changing environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9py9-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.