Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will work with the Hate Speech Manager to ensure that our policy enforcement operations are managed effectively, including from the point of identification of possible violation, to removal and appeals. You will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Lead, manage, and mentor a part of the global team of diverse Policy Enforcement Managers (PEMs).
• Work with the Vendor Operations team, run effective processes to enforce Hate Speech policy. Ensure regular reporting from the team and appropriate operational metrics.
• Work with global leads on shaping the direction of our overall operations and allocate reviewer resources across abuse types, language demands, and vendor locations.
• Review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
• Oversee cases and liaison with Policy Development, PR/Communications, Intel Desk, Market Responsibility, Legal, and stakeholders to craft and implement process solutions to emerging threats. Support development of Hate Speech policy by sharing PEM feedback and reviewing updates.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, or customer support operations, including reviewing content and/or answering user questions, and working with vendors.
• Experience in people management, mentoring, and team development.
• Ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend, and holiday hours.
• Experience in thought leadership within an analytical anti-abuse environment (e.g., content abuse, spam, etc.).
• Ability to work in a rapidly-changing industry and tolerate ambiguity while seeking to minimize uncertainty through quantitative insights.
• Ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
• Ability to lead a team to understand problems, structure analyses, and drive to impact.
• Excellent strategic, analysis, influencing, and communication skills with excellent business judgment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn97bm-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.