Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager, you will be responsible for working with global teams to prevent violative content from appearing on the site with a focus on Graphic Violence. In this role, you will evaluate abuse trends and quality within vendor operations, and you will develop creative solutions to address quality, workflows, and processes. You will also review decisions about the appropriateness of different content, including considerations of cultural and political sensitivities. In this role, you will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube's community guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Deliver performance (e.g., quality, productivity, and cost) for the Graphic Violence policy area around the globe. Drive data-based decisions and implement key changes to improve performance.
• Analyze, identify, prioritize, and deliver operational improvement opportunities (i.e. full cycle workflows from identification of bad content, review by vendor teams, removal, and appeals). Identify, articulate, and quantify impact of required tool changes to deliver operational improvement opportunities.
• Review controversial and offensive video content in-line with YouTube's community guidelines and inform operational improvement plans.
• Partner with Policy, Engineering, Vendor Operations, and Analytics teams to define improvement plans for scaled enforcement and implement in a timely manner.
• Report on graphic content operations, follow up on anomalies by in-depth analysis into metrics, and formulate specific hypotheses on operational health, testing such theories, and providing data-driven recommendations for leadership.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 4 years of experience working in operations such as scaled or sales operations, vendor management, and process or organizational streamlining.
• Ability to work non-standard working hours, including on-call rotation work hours.
• Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
• Experience with identifying abuse trends or working in news or policy.
• Experience with spreadsheets, SQL/R, and data analysis.
• Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
• Excellent analytical skills, including using data to drive strategy and business action.
• Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English and a secondary language (e.g., Mandarin Chinese, etc.) to review content and manage escalations in these languages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9y98-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.