Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager, you will be passionate about Trust and Safety. You will maintain a healthy curiosity about policy enforcement to apply policies appropriately at scale and challenge where there are gaps or opportunities for improvement. You will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver on our performance goals for your assigned policy area using excellent analytical capabilities. You will use cross-functional/regional relationship building expertise to work effectively with a global team of Policy Enforcement, Product, Engineering, and Vendor Management teams to help implement and enforce our policies consistently across videos.
You will have the project management capabilities to deliver innovations to automate as much as possible, while constantly improving the accuracy and efficiency of policy decisions. You will use excellent communication to teach vendors about our policies and how they should be enforced. You will prioritize and re-prioritize work in a fast paced environment, while keeping focus on key objectives that deliver impact for our internal and external stakeholders. You will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines. You also may work non-standard hours on a rotational basis.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Demonstrate an understanding of our policies and think critically about how they keep YouTube users safe from harmful content, while protecting freedom of expression.
• Review content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines, which may include exposure to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive content. This includes managing escalations with a high degree of accuracy and with a fast turn-around time.
• Develop policy enforcement guidelines and create and deliver training to content moderators to achieve high quality scaled enforcement.
• Report on operational metrics, following up on anomalies by doing in-depth research and formulating specific hypotheses to improve operational health. Test theories and provide data-driven recommendations to leadership.
• Identify automation and process improvement opportunities and deliver projects, working with cross-functional Engineering and Product stakeholders, that result in significant impact to reduce harmful content.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in trust and safety or policy
• 3 years of experience working with policies
• Experience working in an operations capacity (e.g., sales, finance, business operations, vendor management, managing process improvements, etc.)
• Experience with data analysis (e.g., pivot tables, databases, dashboards, SQL, etc.)
• Experience with process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
• Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content
• Experience building relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies
• Excellent project management and communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9yqm-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.