Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
The Music Publishing Partnerships work with music publishers and collection societies across EMEA on obtaining licenses to run AVOD (advertisement-based video on demand) and SVOD (subscription-based video on demand) services on YouTube and Google Play Music.
In this role, you will play a key part in discussing licenses needed for YouTube and Google Play Music to expand its services across the EMEA region. Your focus will be building partnerships with music publishers and collection societies, and providing ongoing relationship management to key content partners in the region. You will also work closely with internal reporting and partner support teams on facilitating ongoing business and operational processes, addressing rights management issues, and identifying and driving business growth opportunities.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Discuss content-licensing agreements with partners.
• Manage day-to-day operations and partnership management with music partners, including fielding and prioritizing incoming requests, troubleshooting partner systems, and creating and forecasting partner performance.
• Develop deep knowledge of licensing of music copyrights and Google and YouTube technology, including YouTube's Content Identification system. Communicate these highly technical systems to our partners and share the knowledge with your team on the complex and evolving music business landscape.
• Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, and Legal to structure new business models and provide the best user experience to the YouTube and Google Play community.
• Bachelor's degree in Law or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience negotiating and establishing agreements in digital music or media.
• Experience in music publishing or licensing music publishing rights for digital music, broadcast, or internet businesses, including sync rights, performance license/withdrawal, collection societies, and publisher/label relationships.
• Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
• Experience with spreadsheet analysis, data management, and Content Management Systems.
• Experience with business planning and quantitative analysis.
• Familiar with or willingness to learn technological concepts, financial models, and product features.
• Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into straightforward, timely action.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m2qj-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.