Global Cost and Efficiency Lead
San Bruno, CA
As the Global Next Generation News Partners Lead, you will be responsible for cultivating a vibrant ecosystem of independent journalists and digital-first newsrooms on YouTube.
In this role, you will create the support models, services, and programs to help independent journalists and digital-first newsrooms understand the value of building a presence on YouTube, and engage them through their full life cycle, from getting started to making it. You'll act as both a player and coach, managing a team of Strategic Partner Managers, while also being responsible for driving initiatives directly.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Lead the Next Generation News Partner landscape by crafting and leading strategies that support the acquisition, growth, and long-term success of independent journalists and digital-first start-ups.
• Oversee a portfolio of the largest Next Generation News Partners, providing in-depth strategic guidance on programming, audience development, and business growth.
• Act as an industry voice, representing YouTube's Next Generation News efforts externally, synthesizing trends, and using feedback to inform forward-looking plans.
• Lead a team of high-performing Strategic Partner Managers to maximize the collective team's impact through coaching, project delegation, and oversight.
• 10 years of experience in developing partnerships in the news industry.
• 5 years of people management and experience growing and developing teams.
• Experience launching and scaling digital products with a focus on content acquisition and distribution.
• Master's degree, JD, or other relevant advanced degree.
• Experience with data analysis, financial modeling, and presentation development.
• Experience in news content production, distribution, and business generation models.
• Excellent negotiation and analytical skills regarding contractual, technical, and financial issues with partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4958-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.