Director, Global Scaled Partner Management
San Bruno, CA
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the YouTube Marketing team in guiding intelligence. Specifically, you will help build strategic recommendations and understanding of the impact of YouTube's marketing, original content, reputation, and policy efforts. You'll work with global methodologies, tools, and vendors to develop methodologies, managing research and measurement for Key Opinion Former workstreams. You will draw actionable insights that will shape marketing and communications to better resonate with YouTube's audiences.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
• Develop insights that inform global marketing efforts focused on Key Opinion Formers and responsibility related topics.
• Oversee qualitative and quantitative research, resulting in strategic recommendations. Manage agencies and vendors.
• Develop insights across datasets (e.g., primary research, social, behavioral, and third-party).
• Be a curious thought leader who is able to craft compelling stories and narratives to internal stakeholders, including executive leaders.
• Translate business questions into analytical plans and research studies, serving as a trust partner to key stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• 15 years of experience in client insights and marketing research, or experience with Key Opinion Formers
• Experience leading multi-country marketing insights programs
• Experience managing primary researchers, data scientists, and data strategists
• Experience with policy and responsibility topics, social platform analytics, and monitoring
• Ability to link insights to strategy, translating complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications
• Ability to be proactive, decisive, and flexible, and operate in a fast-paced and collaborative environment while following process
• Knowledge of research design and methods (in-depth interviews, focus groups, surveys, statistical analyses, etc.) and when to apply them
• Excellent project/stakeholder management skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w94y-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.