Escalations Specialist, YouTube (English, Arabic, French, Italian, Polish)
YouTube's user base is growing and changing, presenting unique challenges and opportunities to support over a billion monthly users globally. Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, the YouTube Support team provides seamless, brilliant support to our content creators, advertisers, and viewers on all platforms around the world. Our goal is to ensure users have easy access to comprehensive support when and where they need it, and to allow our users' voices to help shape product solutions.
As a member of the Support team, you'll analyze top issues facing our users and content creators, work with cross-functional teams to resolve them, and help manage support operations. Whether directly engaging with our biggest creators, surfacing problems to our technical teams, driving analytical insights, or liaising with vendors to provide stellar support, you'll drive reach, satisfaction, and resolution - making YouTube an exceptional user experience for everyone.
As an Escalations Specialist, you'll be responsible for handling urgent and complicated escalations, proactively engaging with creators and users, and consulting with other partner-facing teams as a de-escalation expert.
In this role, you will manage the processing of incident escalations through to resolution, demonstrating full ownership, and attention to detail, while working through highly ambiguous and fast-paced situations. You will build and leverage deep relationships across Google, YouTube, and several cross-functional teams, ensuring clear lines of communication, and catering your content and delivery to multi-directional audiences.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Take on sensitive escalations, investigate emerging issues, and proactively engage with at-risk creators and users. Own the end-to-end process of managing an incident escalation to resolution.
• Organize and implement cross-functional initiatives, ensuring alignment with broader operations efforts.
• Develop deep connections with regional teams to support and consult in difficult or threatening creator situations.
• Serve as a consultant to cross-functional stakeholders on product/policy changes and taking on difficult conversations.
• Optimize our incident operation workflows and manage the execution of program features and workflows, including interdependencies and opportunity areas.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in customer support or client services.
• Ability to speak and write in English and Arabic, French, Italian, Polish, Spanish, or Turkish fluently.
• Experience in crisis/escalation management, and policy communication.
• Experience challenging the status quo to build more effective and efficient incident management functions.
• Ability to function well in high-pressure situations, leading stakeholders and driving consensus across all experience levels (e.g., junior stakeholders, Vice President's).
• Ability to motivate and help partners troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours on occasion to support extremely sensitive incidents.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re49o2-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.