Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
The mission of our team is to maintain a reliable and scalable machine learning (ML) classification platform for YouTube entities (e.g., videos, channels, playlists etc.). This is the standard ML infrastructure which hosts classifiers, manages input features and datasets for all YouTube teams that develop classifiers (e.g., Trust and Safety, Search, Discovery, Posts, Shorts, Comments, Knowledge, and others).
We offer tools for the whole lifecycle of classifier development including ground truth collection and storage, ML training and evaluation, model inference and release, management, and monitoring of input features. You will partner with multiple teams to ensure reliability of the platform as well as adopt state of the art in machine learning.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Lead the team both as a tech lead and people manager.
• Provide both technical guidance as well as mentor engineers and help them develop in their career.
• Collaborate with our leadership team (e.g., tech lead managers, tech leads, product managers, program managers) to build the strategy, set a roadmap, and lead your team to execute it.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in technical leadership, managing software engineering teams, and setting technical direction.
• Experience building machine learning solutions.
• Experience architecting and developing large-scale distributed systems design.
• Experience with machine learning development including Deep Neural Networks (DNN), Recurrent Neural Network (RNN), Convolutional Neural Network (CNN), etc.
• Experience with ML accelerators (i.e. GPUs and TPUs).
• Strong track record of technical design and code contributions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9xe2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.