Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $198,000 - $212,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
• Manage a team of software engineers, providing technical leadership, prioritizing, and deciding directions.
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. Be responsible for the overall planning, actioning and success of technical projects.
• Contribute technically to projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a closely related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 3 years of technical leadership and people management experience.
• Programming experience in one of the following: Java, C++ or Python.
• Experience with algorithms and data structures.
• Master's degree or PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
• 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of technical leadership and people management experience.
• Comfortable and effective in cross-functional and cross-organizational communication and collaboration
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5jbw-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.