As the User Experience (UX) Director for YouTube Premium, you will lead a team of designers across Premium Experiences, Growth, Commerce, and more. In addition to leading design strategy and execution, you will partner with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing in order to manage the overall Premium Subscription business.
In this role, you will combine an understanding of the user with business acumen and ability to drive excellent product development. Your work will influence product strategy and the overall YouTube Premium vision. You will work to connect teams and products, working across product areas to ensure the future is a place where YouTube can thrive.
You will also partner with the UX Director for YouTube Music as you both drive the development of the UX strategy and vision for both sides of the YouTube Premium subscription businesses.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Drive product excellence, consistency, focus on user value and business thought leadership within User Experience (UX) to enable UX at scale, increasing velocity and consistency of experiences for all of our products, internal and external.
• Work collaboratively and drive consensus within a cross-functional team environment. Partner with UX leads, product, and business partners to come up with and execute bold ideas.
• Manage multiple project schedules.
• Provide leadership in working with product management and engineering executives on product strategy and user engagement. Collaborate with other UX leaders to drive best practices and UX consistency across the YouTube ecosystem.
• Operate and manage distributed teams with expertise in managing managers. Grow and mentor a multidisciplinary team of UX leads, managers, and individual contributors.
• Bachelor's degree in Design, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 15 years of experience leading User Experience for multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience managing and coordinating global teams within a business growth and strategy setting
• Experience creating, executing, and delivering against a pipeline and driving business impact
• Experience in multiple design disciplines, creating UX at scale for organizations
• Experience partnering with cross-functional leadership in Engineering, Product, Marketing, Research, and Operations
• Experience delivering solutions for a variety of consumer applications and platforms, with emphasis on media consumption
• Knowledge that enables ideation and development of creative and innovative solutions, with deep business acumen and interest in life-time value driven services
• Excellent product sensibility, with capability to advocate and drive key product innovations or opportunities within media consumption experiences
• Recognized UX leadership for high quality and/or volume of accomplishments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0o99-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.