Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will work with the Hate Speech Vertical Manager to ensure that our policy enforcement operations are managed effectively end-to-end, including from the point of identification of possible violation, to removal and appeals. You will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
This role will require on-call work at weekends & holidays on a rotational basis.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Lead, manage and coach a part of the global team of diverse Policy Specialists, reporting regularly on team output.
• Work closely with other Team Leads to shape the direction of our overall operations and reflect this in how to allocate resources across abuse types and language demands.
• Prepare presentations and clearly communicate project updates, post-mortems and new initiatives as well as sensitive escalations to senior management and to the broader organization.
• Overseeing grey area cases and liaising with Policy Development, PR/Comms, Intel Desk, Market Responsibility Teams, Legal teams to craft and implement process solutions to emerging threats. Support further development of our Hate Speech policy by sharing on the ground Policy Specialist feedback and reviewing updates to our enforcement guidelines.
• Review graphic, controversial, and offensive content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in people management, mentoring, and team development.
• Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, or customer support operations, including reviewing content and/or answering user questions, and working with vendors.
• Ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend, and holiday hours.
• Experience as a team lead in an analytical anti-abuse environment, such as content abuse, spam, or other behavioral abuse.
• Ability to work in a rapidly-changing industry and tolerate ambiguity while seeking to minimize uncertainty through quantitative insights.
• Ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
• Ability to lead a team to frame problems, structure analyses, and drive to impact.
• Demonstrated business judgment and outstanding influencing and communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92v69-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.