- Full Time
Job DescriptionCommunications Senior Associate YouTube (English, German)
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
The YouTube business and creator ecosystem is growing in Germany. In this role, you will be a member of the Global Communications and Public Affairs (GCPA) team.
You will be a creative and quick-witted communicator, leading our Artist, Creator, and Entertainment Communications at YouTube Germany. You'll work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute creative campaigns around YouTube's entertainment offering, including YouTube Music and Premium, as well as coming up with novel ways to tell creator stories across the country.
You will take initiative and have an excellent sense of what makes a good press story, combining creativity with the organizational expertise to manage numerous projects on tight deadlines. You will be entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, and willing to try new things. You will be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
• Manage communications related to entertainment and creators for Germany. Draft narratives, press releases, blog posts, pitches, FAQs, etc. Brief spokespeople and staff interviews.
• Devise and execute creative PR campaigns to drive awareness, usage, and excitement around YouTube Music and Premium.
• Work with our in-country Partnership Team and Music Team to help land stories that highlight creators and artists in local and consumer outlets.
• Work closely with our regional comms teams to create Germany-specific communications materials that showcase creativity on YouTube in Germany.
• Collaborate with cross-functional departments including Partnerships, Product, Marketing, and leadership teams in Germany, to influence and execute strategic plans and launches.
• Experience in Journalism, Public Relations, or in a public-facing organization or brand
• Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently
• Experience in B2C/consumer communications in tech, as well as experience in the Social Media sector
• Experience working in a busy press office environment with all facets of the media
• Understanding of the YouTube/entertainment ecosystem (product, creators, music artists, Multi Channel Network, advertisers, etc.)
• Ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences
• Ability to prioritize, plan, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining good decision making in a fast-paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj91zb-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.