YouTube TV is an over-the-top (OTT) streaming service that brings live TV and video-on-demand over the internet to your phone, tablet, computer, or smart TV. It compliments YouTube's core ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) model to add live sports, news, and local and premium content at a price cheaper than traditional cable.
As Broadcast Signal Acquisition Lead, you will be responsible for acquiring live and linear TV signals for YouTube's product. This role requires managing employees, vendor teams, and the budgets acquisition costs.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Support and Maintain YouTube TV's Headends and Broadcast Signal Acquisition Equipment. Develop Maintenance schedules and upgrade procedures, Capacity Planning, and Maintenance Budgets for all systems.
• Partner closely with Broadcasters, Third-party Aggregators, and Production Companies to deliver live content to YouTube TV. Architect designs to enable 24/7 live linear content with high Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Track new linear live content launches on YouTube TV and support the team to execute on time.
• Support strategic initiatives to ensure we continuously improve and iterate on our infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and configure systems as-needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of experience working at a national broadcaster, supporting 24/7 live broadcasts, live productions, and Headends.
• Experience as a Broadcast Engineer who has worked with system design and support engineering.
• Experience managing projects with physical implementations (e.g., Racking and Stacking Equipment, Wiring of Equipment, Equipment configurations).
• Experience coordinating vendors, testing/commissioning systems, and launching new signal chains.
• Experience working in a matrixed environment with cross-functional and technical teams, and communicating technical concepts to business stakeholders.
• Ability to manage several deadlines and deliver under time constraints.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qe67-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.