Full Time Job
Artist Relations Manager, Music
- Full Time
Job DescriptionAs a Strategic Partner Manager on the Content Partnerships team at YouTube, you'll have a unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with your portfolio of partners, and to apply and hone business skills in an entrepreneurial environment. You're comfortable working on complex content agreements with partners, as well as working cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines, to ensure our partners are positioned for success on YouTube and to provide the best possible experience for our users.
In this role, you will be on the YouTube Music team. Our aim is to grow labels, artists, and songwriters online, building successful careers for artists and business models for the music industry on YouTube.
As an Artist Relations Manager, you will be responsible for establishing, building, and maintaining YouTube's relationships with artists. This includes fostering their engagement on the platform and the use of our tools and resources, as well as guidance on growing their audience, and partnering with YouTube/Google in ways that are mutually beneficial.
In this role you will interact regularly with managers, agents, and labels within the industry that represent artists. You will facilitate ongoing platform engagement, impart knowledge of how best to use YouTube to grow audiences, advise on operational processes, resolve inquiries, and identify and drive mutual business growth opportunities.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Develop and maintain relationships with label, artist, and industry contacts to help drive business generation and artists in the music industry. Manage key partners to develop mutually beneficial content strategies and foster partnerships to achieve these goals.
• Negotiate content-licensing agreements and strategic distribution agreements with partners. Collaborate cross-functionally to select the partners/artists we work with. Prioritize and set expectations both internally and externally related to how we can develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Collaborate closely with internal teams to positively impact YouTube's brand in the music industry and execute promotional/marketing opportunities.
• Take on large volumes of requests from partners, prioritize them internally, and set partner expectations for resolution.
• Work cross-functionally to develop positive impact for YouTube within the Music Industry and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience working with multiple artists and their representatives.
• Experience working with artist management, record label product management, artist relations, or artist marketing, etc.
• Experience establishing relationships with artists.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with creative individuals and remaining focused on accomplishing tasks.
• Experience working in the creative industry in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Experience working cross-functionally and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate consistently and broadly regarding partner account issues and opportunities.
• Ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate artist satisfaction with our engagement and to make our relationship impactful and successful for both YouTube and the applicable artists.
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous account activities and excellent attention to detail skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b4ev-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.