Full Time Job
York Holmes Consulting Recruiter
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
A small but extremely active Film/TV Production Company located in the Hollywood area.
Please note: due to COVID-19, you will be working remotely initially, but when safe you will be working in the offices in Hollywood.
This position supports the President/CEO of the company by coordinating the activities of the company in accordance with established policies, goals and creative objectives. Manages consultants and vendors relating to business management, facilities, HR objectives, security, and merchandise.
Facilities Coordinator, Store Associate and Various consultants including Business Management and IT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with business management regarding general operating budget and projections, and sub-budgets including merchandising and in-house development.
- Work with the President to update budgets and communicate variances on a regular basis. Create and maintain sub-budgets for special projects.
- Approve invoices from vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate independent contractor agreements and NDAs.
- Responsible for advising business management as to project timelines and related costs so they can collect fees and allocate expenditures accordingly.
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of office headquarters and ensure the continuing safe and smooth operation of the workplace. Currently only one office location (Hollywood Hills).
- Oversee the functioning of building systems including HVAC, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and waste management.
- Partner with IT to ensure that servers, systems and equipment are functioning properly at all times.
- Coordinate workstations in the office and home offices ensuring optimum workspaces that abide by company policies. Coordinate space usage when staff returns to office (post-Covid-19).
- Responsible for managing space for staff, freelance production hires, and potentially additional spaces such as temporary edit houses.
- Oversee space planning, office moves & renovations, and office operations; provide necessary recommendations to managers and secure subcontractors.
- Act as liaison with the landlord/lease agent and communicate building activities to employees.
- Oversee ordering of office supplies, food, and necessary services for the office.
- Ensure proper onboarding and offboarding including workstations, equipment, access and permissions.
- Coordinate updates of Employee Handbook, and miscellaneous policies and procedures.
- Manage all emergency response activities
- Plan occasional office events and parties, help to maintain culture and a collaborative work environment. Manage activities to approved budgets.
- Oversees company internship opportunities.
- Weekly and ad-hoc check-in meetings with consultants including Business Management
- Initiate and follow-through on regular check-ins with Company Management
- Respond to internal and external communications (email, text, Slack) within 24 hours
- Attend all scheduled meetings prepared and on time
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of experience, ideally at another production company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity or basic background in budgets and accounting principles
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing people
- History of successful leadership and implementation of projects and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maturity to lead and build rapport in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience in supporting and implementing diversity and inclusion strategies with an eye towards building a culture of intersectionality and trust
- Experience managing subcontractors
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and able to problem solve independently while prioritizing responsibilities and working with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task simultaneous projects effectively and drive initiatives to completion
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to manage both the “big picture” perspective and line item detail
- Presents a professional and positive demeanor at all times
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and a willingness to collaborate with others to enhance culture in the workplace
- Responds to changes in priorities productively
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv17x7-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Please submit resume and cover letter