WYFF is looking for an IT Specialist to join our station. This position is responsible for overseeing the IT operations at our station and website. The IT Specialist will perform day-to-day maintenance and carry out upkeep of computers and network infrastructure and printers and provide user support.
• Oversee station IT operations under the direction of the Assistant Chief Engineer and Director of Engineering.
• Maintain LAN/IT infrastructure, installation and support of network hardware & software
• Consult with end users and install desktop, laptop and workstation computers based on company direction
• Provide technical guidance and support to end users
• Ability to work as a part of a large collaborative group
• Consult with end users to determine and troubleshoot hardware, software and system problems
• Advise on and perform upgrades, after consultation, tailored to the end user's specific needs
• Analyze and implement corporate data back-up, disaster recovery and security procedures
• Control and coordinate hardware and software inventory
• Design and integrate complex systems
• Occasional travel to two news bureau locations
• Some IT work experience and the desire to succeed
• Two years in LAN & WAN systems administration
• Experience in the television broadcast setting is preferred
• Equivalent military experience will be considered
• Current knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems
• Network and stand-alone printers and digital copiers
• Mobile device support & connectivity
• Enterprise and web-based applications
• VPN, Cisco equipment, TCP/IP and subnets, NAS, LAN Management
• Possess the positive attitude of a collaborative team player
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
• Demonstrate professional interpersonal and communication skills
• BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of training and real world work experience including military experience.
• Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, or other certifications are preferred
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.