- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WXXA-TV IT/Broadcast Engineer – ALBANY, NY
The IT/Broadcast Engineer assists in the day-to-day IT network maintenance including workstations, servers, databases, firewall and related broadcast television equipment. Ideal candidate should have a strong balance of education and experience, as well as, be able to adapt and learn new technologies as they are implemented into our station.
Main Duties and responsibilities are:
• Installation, support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of desktop, laptop, and network components as well as broadcast equipment.
• Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
• Maintain integrity and consistent operation of the IT networks and mission critical operations.
• Use effective communications skills and interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with tact and diplomacy.
• Coordinate and plan complex projects with other members of the engineering team.
• Use effective troubleshooting methods to quickly diagnose problems with IT or broadcast equipment and formulate solutions or recommendations, especially with systems in the direct air path.
Requirements and skills:
• Technical degree in digital electronics, broadcasting, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience including military experience.
• Experience with networked systems, security guidelines and procedures.
• Minimum of two years in a IT environment – Broadcast IT a plus.
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
• Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Experience with various audio and video equipment including analog, SDI, HDSDI, and video and audio over IP equipment.
• Experience in fabricating and terminating cables and cable assemblies.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.