WXIX-TV, FOX19 NOW, is the FOX affiliate serving Cincinnati and the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana tri-state area, the nation's 37th DMA. FOX19 NOW, the station that's ''Always Local, Always Now,'' produces over 61 hours of News per week. FOX19 NOW is the leader in Morning News with local coverage from 4:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. each weekday The station airs early evening news 3 to 7 p.m. weekdays and the market's #1 (A25-54) late, local News starting at 10:00 to 11:30 p.m. FOX19 NOW's community involvement includes The St. Jude Dream Home, The Alzheimer's Association, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Special Olympics of Northern Kentucky, among others. We're proud to serve the community on multiple platforms, and broadcast some of the most popular programming in the Tri-State, including NFL on FOX, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy! and the FOX prime time schedule.
The IT/Engineer will help ensure proper video and audio quality is maintained through all broadcast computer systems and assist local production teams as needed. Duties will include troubleshooting, maintaining, installing IT and broadcast equipment including at the transmitter/tower site. The IT/Engineer interacts daily with Sales, News, Marketing and Production staff and will be required to follow all WXIX/GRAY and FCC standards and guidelines. This is not an entry level position.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support all IT and engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing PC systems, field production and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Work with technology staff to install, program and maintain IT, Broadcast and Office computer systems
• Maintain equipment and support users for On Air and Live Production computer automation servers and systems
• Performs regular PC, Laptop and Server maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, cleaning and purchasing supplies for systems
• Ensure all transmission stream equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems
• Work with IT Director to design, implement and maintain computer systems, licensing, and network security
• Assist with implementing Engineering projects
• Assist with building maintenance needs
• 3-5 years of professional television IT experience including the latest operating systems software (including server & desktop), email systems, FTP Servers, TCP/IP Networking
• Knowledge of Broadcast A/V equipment combined with serial and IP communication and control
• Knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations
• Experience with Crispin Master Control and News Automation preferred
• Knowledge of Bit Central and ENPS News systems preferred
• Knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Must be able to work varying hours and weekends when required
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates
• Professional, positive, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and focused individual traits
• A Bachelor's Degree or similar certification is preferred, but is not required, as is previous working experience in engineering
• Valid Driver's license, and good driving record (will be reviewed)
• Pre-employment drug screening
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxnmk-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.