WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the ''Hometown News Leader.'' Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
As WTVY Director of Marketing, you are uniquely responsible among the leadership team for both audience development and revenue generation on multiple platforms. As a key department head, you must be successful interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to provide creative leadership on a wide range of projects.
You will report directly to the Vice President & General Manager.
The leader of the WTVY Marketing Department acts as a brand manager for the news department and a valuable creative consultant for the sales team's clients. Our marketing department is an advertising, PR and content marketing agency within WTVY. It serves many clients with none more important than the station.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute the station's annual marketing plan, including brand promotion and advertising campaigns for broadcast, digital and live events.
- Act as the sales team's Creative Services Director, assisting our multimedia sales specialists with getting their clients' advertising campaigns live on various audience platforms.
- Showcase exceptional video production skills, including writing, directing, cinematography, editing and motion graphic design.
- Exhibit a high level of organization and time management to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
- Learn WTVY best practices and Gray Television training recommendations to promote a culture of learning and consistent improvement.
• The ideal candidate has a leadership mindset and is comfortable assuming the responsibility of ownership of the station's marketing goals. Previous management experience is preferred. He or she will have an impressive reel of completed video projects and proven track record of hitting deadlines. Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other leading industry software is needed and a degree in Advertising, Video Production or a related discipline is preferred. This individual must be able to perform various physical tasks, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d973q9-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.