Broadcast It/ Engineer - WTVY
BROADCAST IT/ ENGINEER (P/T - W/END) - WTVY
WTVY News4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather, and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the ''Hometown News Leader.'' Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
WTVY-TV, the Gray Television owned, CBS /NBC affiliate in Dothan, AL, is seeking a part-time Weekend Broadcast IT Engineer. The position requires a full knowledge of station operations and technical layout, with a strong emphasis on broadcast news. Must possess good interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, and be fully computer literate. Comprehensive knowledge of RF signals, transmission mechanics, mechanical engineering, and studio technical equipment operation. Technical skill enabling diagnosis to the module level required with the ability to diagnose to the electrical component level a plus. Requires competent knowledge of broadcast signal flow with the ability to quickly identify key points of failure and bypass faults with minimal system downtime.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work on all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post-editing systems, field production support, and transmission of live/taped events and programs.
- Have knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergencies.
- Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
- Documents and executes necessary corrective actions.
- Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs to improve.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in implementing Engineering projects.
- Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
- Maintains building needs.
- Have knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems.
- Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of all company facilities associated with our station. This includes HVAC, generators, security systems, satellite dishes, electrical, hardware, etc.
- Must have at least 3 years of working experience in broadcast engineering.
- A Degree in engineering or related is preferred but is not required.
- On-the-job and/or formal training in repairing Broadcast Transmitters.
- Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor.
- Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and focused individual traits.
- Must have a clean driving record and live drug-free.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WTVY-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5nvq-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.