Videojournalist/ MMJ - WTVG
WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Stellantis and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons. We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started seventy years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
WTVG-TV, the #1 station and award-winning ABC affiliate in Toledo, Ohio, is seeking a dynamic videographer/storyteller who can creatively and concisely gather and give viewers factual information. Videography will be a top priority for this position, including shooting daily live shots. In addition, this Videojournalist could report on-camera, whether during breaking news events or storytelling opportunities. You must be interested and dedicated to local news and have a passion for informing people - whether it's through broadcast or digital. You will be surrounded by a team who want to see you succeed and will help you reach your full potential.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate, gather, and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely, and creative way
- Shoot daily live shots
- Use writing skills for on-air and online
- Write and post digital-original stories before airing the television version
- Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment daily
- Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-up
- Prior photography experience preferred
- Be able to write, accurately, and in an easy-to-understand manner
- Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
- Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
- Compelling storyteller
- Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
- Able to produce and post original content to our websites
- Able to play an active role in the editorial process
- Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, and station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', and upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WTVG-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmp2pv-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.