- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionLifestyle Producer - WTVG
WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started seventy years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WTVG. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
Now let our team tell you why our viewers say ''This Is Home.''
WTVG 13abc is looking for a producer to help launch a new, lifestyle-focused broadcast on the Northwest Ohio's dominant #1 station. You'll help develop and execute an original show designed to showcase the best of the Toledo and beyond. The ideal candidate is creative, organized, willing to take risks, and a deeply compelling storyteller.
The all-new lifestyle program will include, but not limited to:
• Produce a half hour daily newscasts on broadcast and digital platforms, along with additional shows or segments that may air outside the program's regular schedule.
• Assist in managing broadcast program, website and social media.
• Pitch, enterprise, create, and syndicate local, creative content
• Lead the production of enterprise special reports on a quarterly basis
• At least two years producing a lifestyle show is preferred, segments, or live show preferred, along with experience with ENPS, BitCentral and/or Grass Valley EDIUS.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to lead and work well with others
• Strong editorial skills and ability to think creatively under constant deadline pressure.
• Ability to think on your feet and process complicated changing information into a coherent presentation
• Ability to relate local news story relevance to wider audiences
• Must have the ability to stay up to date on current events; what's popular, trendy, etc.
• Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and work flexibly. This position may require holiday work.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qe9x-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.