Building Maintenance Engineer - WTVG
BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (P/T) - WTVG
WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started seventy years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WTVG. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
Now let our team tell you why our viewers say ''This Is Home.''
The part-time Building Maintenance Engineer has the general responsibility of maintaining building standards for the employees of WTVG-TV. The Building Maintenance Engineer should have a working knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, plumbing, and painting. The Building Maintenance Engineer will also work on special projects and could also help with the install and removal of broadcast equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including moving of sets.
- Must have working understanding of basic construction.
- Must have working understanding of basic plumbing.
- Must have working understanding of basic electrical.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of basic construction equipment.
- New construction tasks including procurement of needed supplies.
- Dedication to care of equipment.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Maintain clean studios and production areas.
- Schedule will include Monday – Friday as determined.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Great Communication and People skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Able to work independently.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to drive.
- Must be over 18 or older.
- Required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment-up to approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in potential extreme weather conditions (heat or cold).
- Ability to work in environment with fluctuating noise and light levels.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Work assignments could include mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- Must have an energetic attitude and be able to represent all TV stations in public, in a positive and professional manner.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy45nk-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.