WTVC/WFLI-TV in Chattanooga, TN is looking for a dependable and self-motivated Business Assistant. The individual will be responsible for supporting the Business Manager, assisting with some month end tasks, and general office organization. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication, have multi-tasking skills as well as act courteously with others. In addition, the candidate in this role must display a professional appearance and attitude.
We think it would be great if your background looked something like this:
• A strong candidate with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with general ledger is necessary
• Advanced in excel - i.e., you consider yourself fluent in VLOOKUP, functions, conditional formatting, pivot tables/charts, formulas, and you might even dabble with VBA & Macros
• On the job experience with HR tasks including payroll
• Previous experience in a role charged with the responsibility of accounting, payroll personnel & employment matters
• Past experience that demonstrates your understanding of the importance of confidentiality in accounting and HR related matters
• Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus!
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
• Support for the Business Manager by assisting with the Station's Accounting Functions
• Managing/providing supplemental support for the Human Resources function under the general direction of Corporate Human Resources
• Provide supplemental Human Resource support for HR matters including recruitment initiatives, benefit and leave administration, personnel records, onboarding, off-boarding, EEO knowledge and other related Company 'best practices'
• Process and review the team's bi-weekly payroll
If you have these qualifications and you're skilled when it comes to wearing multiple hats and tackling a variety of tasks, we're looking for you!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnp5zo-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.