- Full Time
Job DescriptionTechnical Media Prod. - WTOK
TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (PRIMARY) - WTOK
WTOK-TV is located heart of the Queen City called Meridian, Mississippi. Meridian is the birthplace of country music, (Jimmie Rodgers), the soul of the Temptations (David Ruffin), and home to the world-class Mississippi Children's Museum-Meridian and The MAX. You can hike at Bonita Lake, watch the sunset from the roof of the Threefoot Hotel, or savor southern foods in the restaurants in our revitalized downtown district.
WTOK-TV is the highest rated ABC station is in the country. We serve the communities of eastern Mississippi and Western Alabama with top rated news, weather, and sports. We also offer syndicated programming on the CW, Circle, and myTOK networks. We take pride in serving our viewers, our community, and our advertisers for 70 years.
Our mission is to be engaged with the community and promote civic and economic development with a focus on improving the lives of our viewers. We use cutting edge technology to provide accurate and timely news information on television and digital platforms.
Directing a newscast at WTOK requires the same skills as a gamer. We need tech-minded people to work as a technical media producer at the number one TV station in Meridian, Mississippi. We call the job ''TMP.'' We will train to direct live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitor WTOK's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingest daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve desktop video editing, directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WTOK.
- Dedication to care of equipment.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Be able to learn Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video.
switcher, Chyron or VizRT graphics system, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite/ENG/bonded cellular operation, program ingesting/segmenting, desktop editing and a working knowledge of web production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and focus on complex tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week, sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports, executing automation, and editing video.
- Potential exposure to high noise and unusual light levels.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
WTOK-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzexx-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.