Lifestyle Producer - WTOC
WTOC is located in Savannah, Georgia. Our area is known as The Coastal Empire of Georgia and The Lowcountry of South Carolina. WTOC excels in creating effective commercials for our advertising clients. We also create promotional campaigns for our #1 News programs that inform and engage the viewer. WTOC 11 is the number one news source in beautiful historic Savannah, Georgia which was named the third-best city in the US by Travel and Leisure. As Savannah's first TV station, WTOC's community roots run deep. The call letters stand for Welcome To Our City.
WTOC is searching for an experienced broadcast producer to join our award-winning team as a lifestyle producer. The right candidate will be an excellent writer for both broadcast and digital platforms, excel at communication and multi-tasking, and have a strong understanding of journalism ethics.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Produce our 1-hour lifestyle program, Morning Break, which includes story selection, writing, creating graphics, video editing, and working with reporters and station management.
- Broadcast producers are fully trained on digital producer responsibilities including writing for digital and social media platforms, news and weather apps, sending push alerts, and how to operate our WTOC+ streaming desk.
- Responsible for boothing his/her/their newscast, keeping up with timing, and adjusting the show on the fly when needed.
- Work closely with other producers on big showcasing days and breaking news.
- Fill in on other newscasts as directed by station management.
- Previous experience working as a broadcast producer in a college-operated newsroom or in a TV newsroom is a must.
- Excellent writing skills in both broadcast and AP styles.
- Excellent video editing skills.
- Strong understanding of journalism ethics and responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- College degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references (include demo reel of work)
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WXIX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2me1-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.