- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionMaster Control Hub Operator, WTKR Hub
The Scripps master control hub located at WTKR in Norfolk, VA is hiring a Master Control Hub Operator (MCHO)! As an MCHO you'll manage and monitor multiple programming sources and provide master control support for assigned television stations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Monitor several programming sources simultaneously, manage and switch sources for local television station programming, remotely from the Hub.
• Monitor various levels and signals from multiple television sites.
• Manage several live program logs and ensures accuracy.
• Ensure the correct spots air during programming and note any discrepancies.
• Solve problems and make judgment calls with business implications in mind regarding programming changes, commercials, special reports, and technical difficulties; this includes evaluating clock/timing to consider options with regard to programming as well as deciding when to escalate issues.
• Make decisions and consult with internal customers regarding local transmitter parameters and operation.
• Routinely collaborate with media prep technicians and traffic personnel to manage daily operation. Collaborate with other local news personnel as needed during breaking news situations.
• Interact both verbally and in writing with internal Hub client stations in a manner that ensures all of our internal customers have a consistent experience. This includes sending alerts, responses to inquiries, collaboration on problem solving, documentation and/or resolution of issues.
• Work with networks and live program providers, where required, to problem-solve issues.
• Maintain current knowledge of and preparedness to execute disaster recovery procedures.
• Perform quality assurance checks as required.
• May require working overtime, holidays and weekends with short notice when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associates degree in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred.
• Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Ability to problem solve, and quickly take corrective action as necessary.
• High sense of responsibility and urgency regarding corrective action and customer service.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Composure: Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast, deadline-driven environment, and maintain calmness and accuracy of work .
• Strong organization skills.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Quick mathematical skills, especially with regard to timekeeping.
• Working knowledge of video servers, routing processes and related equipment.
• Working knowledge of transmitter parameters and operations.
• Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Working knowledge of all functions and responsibilities of television master control.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p9n7-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.