WTAJ-TV is seeking a talented V ideographer/Newscast Director for an immediate opening. If you have a passion for everything in TV production shooting, editing and directing then we are looking for you. You'll direct with the latest in news automation plus shoot and edit with the latest gear. You'll need excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a part of a team. The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking problem solver. Degree in video production and previous shooting and editing experience preferred. Directing experience is a plus.
The Videographer/Newscast Director is responsible for: researching, planning, managing and producing news programming. Plans and develops local news programs: researches and develops ideas and budgets; writes scripts; etc.
• Produces program(s): conducts interviews; manages talent; may serve as editor, videographer, and/or audio/lighting specialist
• Post-production: edits videotape; completes related paperwork such as clearances; labels and stores completed show tapes
• Provides training and direction to the production staff
• Assist in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties
• Participate in the design of video graphics, titles, music, and creative look of shows; makes editorial decisions regarding assembly of information, illustrations, and content
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Capture video using video cameras
• Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whold according to scripts or instructions for commercials and promos.
• Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary
• Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect
• Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots
Requirements & Skills:
• • BA or BS degree in Communications or Mass Communications with an emphasis on Television Production or related experience
*Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted based on one years of experience equals one year of education.
• Television directing experience preferred
• Proficiency with video cameras and editing equipment
• Working knowledge of television production techniques and extensive experience with automation is necessary
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties.
• Creative decision-making skills
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Ability to make procedural decisions
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
• Knowledge of professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities, and equipment
• Knowledge of audio/video storage and archiving procedures
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
• Ability to formulate broadcast programming concepts and to plan, develop, and implement live and/or pre-recorded television program
• Knowledge of television graphic design methods and techniques Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques
• Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5260e-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.