CBS Television Stations
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The person in this role maintains the station's equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution. This position provides technical and IT support for all station efforts.
This employee will maintain the following:
• News-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
• IT systems and associated hardware and software. This includes infrastructure and end user support.
• Production equipment including robotic camera systems, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather systems, audio consoles, and other gear used in production.
• Transmitter sites, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to plan and execute equipment installation, research/design, and detailed documentation of work.
• Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
• Networking support of various LAN/WAN devices and systems.
• In depth knowledge of video production/television systems.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members.
• Must possess a positive attitude and driven by successful problem solving.
• Flexible to various work shifts and days off as assigned.
• Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
• Valid driver's license; position requires travel to remote transmitter and microwave sites.
• Associates Degree in Electronic/IT Technology or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics/IT school equivalent (including military).
• Equivalent related work experience in a Television/Video/IT environment will be considered.
• SBE/SMPTE/IT Certification is a plus.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.