Come be the difference at WTAE-TV…the original home of Hearst Broadcasting! The ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA (repeatedly named one of the best places to live and visit) is looking for a highly creative Writer/Producer to write, shoot, edit and design promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station promotion for all platforms that advances our brand and gets noticed in a highly competitive market. Our next team member will write, produce, and creatively execute daily news promos and assist in the execution of station campaigns, marketing projects and occasional station events. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you are a self-starter, a critical thinker and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
• Produce, write, shoot, and edit compelling promos from start to finish that generate viewer interest to increase the brand awareness and ratings for all multi-platforms.
• Organize, oversee, and execute projects from concept through delivery, directing on-air talent, and announcers.
• Ability to produce promos in a fast pace environment with demanding deadlines.
• The ability to work in a shared storage environment.
• Contribute to brainstorming across all departments.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
• Hands-on editing and photography skills a must.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Knowledge of Adobe applications: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photo Shop, Illustrator.
• Knowledge of production process of non-linear editing.
• Proficient in videography and lighting.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy.
• Detailed oriented & organized.
• Must be a team player and ready to contribute!
• Valid driver's license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vq19-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.