Come be the difference at WTAE-TV…the original home of Hearst Broadcasting! Located a short drive from the majestic confluence of the three rivers, WTAE-TV is an innovative station, rich in history, operating in one of America's most competitive television markets. Pittsburgh is a city made of 90+ neighborhoods, named one of the best places to live and visit, over and over, again. Why - because there is something for everyone in the steel city. Beautiful parks and trails, award-winning restaurants, one-of-a-kind festivals, and much more. Come join us and be the bigger picture!
WTAE-TV the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic-able to execute compelling high-end research-driven messaging that moves the station's brand forward. We're looking for a superior writer with advanced conceptual skills and solid editing experience. Someone with the experience to help lead a team of talented writer/producers/editors. The Assistant Creative Services Director will work ''side by side'' with CSD in developing brand and marketing strategies for the station and multiple digital channels and internet properties including web and mobile apps.
This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television, one of the nation's leading multi-platform media companies, in an ultra-competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you are an excellent, hands-on producer, a strategic thinker and aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a fast-paced environment, apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v. Minorities, females and veterans are encouraged to apply.
• Work closely with Creative Service Director implementing strategic based promotions.
• Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
• Supervise creative team in brand, image and daily topical promotion.
• Produce on and off-air promotions.
• Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
• Produce effective news & programming promotion.
• Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
• Manage inventory for daily on-air logs as directed and as needed.
• Attend outside community functions or meetings.
• Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
• Execute on-point television and digital promotion.
• A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
• Executing brand message across all media platforms.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
• Must have a winning, energetic attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion.
• Must have proven skills of collaborating with News staff and station personnel.
• Must be highly creative, a compelling writer and be able to use research to meet station goals of growing an audience.
• Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application
• Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
• Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills.
• Detailed oriented & organized.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Graphic Skills preferred.
• Valid driver's license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
• Education: College degree or military training in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.