WSYR-TV NewsChannel 9, Syracuse, NY has a new and exciting position available on the Digital First team. The Off-Site Content and Audience Strategist should be passionate about local news, innovative, reader-focused, and full of creativity and initiative. The individual works directly with the Digital First Team to bring the day's content to life in a way that engages and captures the attention of our online audience.
The off-site content and audience strategist is responsible for developing and implementing a plan to communicate our brand identity and generate inbound traffic from external sources. This individual is the primary advocate for growing and directing off-platform participation among the editorial group. This person must be highly motivated with an ability to focus and re-focus on a constantly changing target. The candidate should understand nuances in tone for different audiences and brand identities -- sounding fun where able and respectful when required.
• Develops and implements social media strategy across all products
• Manages all social media accounts with understanding of each unique audience
• Executes on growing local newsletter strategy while tailoring tone to local needs
• Utilizes third-party tools to manage social posts across multiple accounts
• Shares high-performing successes across multiple markets and pitches external partners and sites for possible story promotion
• Observes SEO trends and provides feedback to reporters and producers
• Sends app alerts and newsletters timed for maximum reach
• Communicates regularly with local newsrooms to leverage unique offerings
• Reports on account and campaign metrics to inform future production strategies
• 2 years of experience in social media audience development
• Clever headline/social post writer that gets readers to click
• Ability to moderate tone voice to fit platform and brand needs
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Knowledge of audience behavior trends and technical ability to affect them
• Ability to monitor and analyze metrics to change strategy as needed
• Knowledge of AP style
• Understanding of effective writing styles for internal and external audiences
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Premiere
This individual will need to maintain awareness of external social media conversations and manage our own posts across all accounts through the day while also scheduling holdable content for off hours. Regular metric analysis and reporting will result in constant updates to strategy that need to be communicated, likely focusing on updated messaging to different groups weekly. This individual will also play a central role in the execution of our evolving newsletter strategy.
Measurements of success:
• Increases audiences across all main external audience channels
• Growth in social media participation throughout editorial
• Higher referral traffic to our digital products from external domains
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Off-Site Content and Audience Strategist must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Off-Site Content and Audience Strategist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez6k5-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.