Media Prep Technician, WSYM
WSYM, The E.W. Scripps Fox affiliate in Lansing, Michigan is hiring a Media Prep Technician. The Media Prep Technician is responsible for subject matter knowledge and problem solving in all areas of Studio Operations and News Remote functions. This person will perform moderately complex work within Media Prep at the local station level, in a Hubbed Master Control environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Observes records and operates transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary, in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
• Aligns satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
• Monitors back-timing and adjusts all ''On Air'' material within the automation system.
• Dubs commercials and programs into video servers with proper technical parameters.
• Loads and plays back pre-recorded programs, Public Service Announcements and news material.
• Records and ingests programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
• May be responsible for acquisition of satellite and ENG News remotes. May also be asked to perform various backup activities including, but not limited to camera shading or production audio.
• Operates On-Air automation equipment, Master Control Switchers and Transmitter Remote Control.
• Reads various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
• Troubleshoots and responds to malfunctioning electronic broadcast equipment needed for on-air operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Technical Certificate or training desirable.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a related technical capacity in a broadcast television environment or equivalent experience in a video production facility. ENG/SNG/DSNG experience is preferred, but not required. Experience in a hubbed Master Control environment is preferred, but not required.
• Experience with automation systems preferred, but not required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of Master Control in a broadcast television station.
• Working knowledge of video servers, scopes and switcher operation.
• Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
• Strong computer skills including file transfer and storage, transcoding processes.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Good organization, attention to detail and proactivity.
• Ability to maintain composure and accuracy under exacting specifications and immediate deadlines.
• Strong mathematical skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
• Strong communication skills.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Must be an eager, motivated, reliable individual and willing to work as part of a team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9qm6k-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.