- Full Time
WSMH is seeking an Operations Technician. This position will offer you the opportunity to perform both Master Control and Newscast Director duties based on the needs of the Station(s). The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform any production duties as assigned including:
• Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
• Maintain production studio and control room
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which includes editing of news product.
• Broadcast operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
• On-air switching, dubbing and transferring programs
• Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
• Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
• Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
• Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
• Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate will have the following experience:
• Experience Directing and TDing newscasts
• Knowledge of production standards and equipment
• Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
• Typing and good spelling skills necessary
• Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
• Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!