Lifestyle Storyteller, Client Content Producer, WSFL
WSFL-TV, The E.W. Scripps station for Miami-Fort Lauderdale, is searching for a person to report for a Lifestyle Show. This Lifestyle Host, Client Content Producer will put together stories and conduct live-to-tape interviews.
If you have a passion for bringing out the best in people, brands, and local businesses and are ready to collaborate with a talented team on a daily basis, then this job is for you!
We're looking for someone who has a demonstrated track record of creating exciting content and a knack for authentically connecting with everyone from business owners to people on the street.
Inside South Florida airs 5-days a week.
You'll be driving sales revenue in a non-news role while researching, writing, capturing, and editing local lifestyle stories and sponsored content for multiple platforms.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Create and develop paid content ideas for multiple platforms specific to platform type.
• Learn and leverage knowledge of the local community to develop timely and relevant video concepts.
• Independently produce and sometimes host sponsored video content.
• Independently perform video recording and photography for a wide range of station projects, including feature packages, tease bumpers, sales presentations, promotional spots and programming.
• Work with clients, talent, account executives, sales leadership, digital director, and commercial production with proficiency in on-location and studio production to develop sales sponsored content.
• Attend sales meetings, client brainstorming sessions, and occasionally attend client meetings exploring the concept of a paid segment or video series.
• Conduct Pre-production calls with clients to set expectations of their paid content segment.
• Coordinate client shoots.
• May develop non-paid lifestyle content for local broadcast day shows.
• Collaborate with creative teams to improve editing styles for greater viewer relevance.
• Periodically appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration or as host.
• May report live from the field or events.
• Write social post descriptions and paid content on station website.
• Maintain local programming video and music library.
• Maintain photography equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
• Generally 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Proven success in developing, growing, and maintaining a social following using creative video; viewed as a local influencer
• Skilled in videography and non-linear
• Skilled in professional shooting and editing
• Highly creative and versatile
• Highly self-motivated and driven
• Ability to independently shoot and host video segments
• Ability to create and build upon brand growing viewers and subscribers from multimedia platforms
• Working knowledge of advanced camera equipment, audio and lighting equipment
• Ability to edit video on various editing applications
• Broadcast quality lighting and editing skills
• Confidence to direct and coach others
• Familiar with digital based storage and servers
• Familiar with on-location shooting and editing
• Working knowledge of After Effects
• Proficient computer literacy
• Strong team collaboration skills
• Effective communicator and presenter
• Ability to work well under pressure and daily deadlines
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Ability to work independently on larger, moderately complex projects
• Ability to work effectively with sales clients
• Ability to create motion graphics
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings, possible overtime hours and on call
• May require overnight and weekend travel
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnn5jo-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.