- Full Time
Job DescriptionMultimedia Marketing Consultant - WSAZ
WSAZ covers a wide, diverse area comprised of three states. Many small towns sit along the Ohio River and smaller rivers and streams that run through rolling hills. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. Although we're not a major metropolitan region, the WSAZ market enjoys relatively close proximity to many large eastern cities, and is easily accessible by interstate, rail, river and air.
We enjoy all four seasons, and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding state parks and lakes for recreation. Within the larger towns and cities, there is a vibrant night life with many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1949, WSAZ has been the overwhelming number one choice for Breaking News, Severe Weather coverage and information in western West Virginia, eastern Kentucky, and southern Ohio. Generations of residents have grown up counting on WSAZ to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started more than sixty years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WSAZ. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
WSAZ NewsChannel 3, a dominant NBC affiliate in the Charleston-Huntington television market has an immediate opening for an experienced Multimedia Marketing Consultant for their Huntington office.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
* Responsible for developing new accounts for WSAZ, WQCW, ME/MY channels and WSAZ Digital products
* Expand established customer base by generating new business, selling digital advertising and growing existing advertising revenue from current clients
* Keep up to date on all station product lines and programming features including the product lines and programming features of competing TV stations and other media platforms
* Negotiates advertising rates and schedules along with preparing creative written and oral proposals to clients
* Provides account updates, communicates monthly projections and forecasts future advertising business
* Monitors accounts receivable of their client base
* Self-motivated, high energy salesperson
* Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills
* Capable of handling multiple tasks
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Proficient with mobile digital technology
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WSAZ-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3nxw9-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $0.00 to $0.00 ($ USD)
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.