IT Broadcast Engineer
NEWS 8 WROC is Rochester's first TV station, with a 70+ year history and a film/video archive that goes back to 1962. The station itself is in a quiet neighborhood with free parking, easy access to downtown, interstates, Park Avenue shops and restaurants, and the East Avenue Wegmans. The spacious station features a state-of-the-art studio, award-winning News and Creative Services departments, and a long tradition of solid journalism, including a recent national Edward R. Murrow Award for Social Media.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here - https://www.rochesterbiz.com/live/quality-of-life
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Master Control Operator responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assures on-air FCC compliance for all on-air streams and operation and maintains quality station image.
• Accurately records, prepares, and logs program and commercial material for over-the-air broadcast.
• Interfaces video servers, computers, video delivery systems, satellite receivers, and quality control devices to ensure the highest level of program A/V integrity.
• Ensures accuracy of program log and reports all deviations.
• Controls multiple program streams of a multichannel automation system or manual on-air switching of programs.
• Responsible for the operation of all master control equipment and occasional assistance in microwave feed room.
• Works closely with Technical Services to ensure optimum equipment performance.
• Coordinates all news breaks for airing when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical Degree in Electronics, Broadcasting, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum three years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work different shifts and extended hours, as needed.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.