Master Control Operator
WROC-TV in Rochester, NY is seeking an IT Broadcast Engineer with strong IT skills who can help maintain technical facilities and be responsible for the computer networks and equipment in a busy TV station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary person to provide desktop IT support.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Basic understanding of IP networking and associated hardware (e.g. firewalls, routers, switches)
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN networking, Video over IP and VOIP technologies.
• Understanding of computer network architecture, theory, and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, 7 layers of OSI, DNS, DHCP}
• Ensure software license compliance and all software versions are up to date
• Collaborate with members of the engineering team to solve technical problems.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Associate degree in in information technology
• Minimum of two years' experience in networking.
• Knowledge of video and studio systems such as those used in television
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, whenever the need arises.
• Must have a Valid driver's license
Applicant must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds. Some climbing, stooping, and crawling may be required. Manual dexterity needed to operate keyboards, mice, pushbuttons, manipulate tools and operate equipment.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.