WROC-TV News8 in Rochester, NY is seeking a Broadcast Engineer with strong IT skills who can help maintain technical facilities and be responsible for the computer networks and equipment in a busy TV station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary person to provide desktop IT support.
• Install and maintain servers, switches, computers, and VOIP phone equipment
• Install, maintain, and repair broadcast studio equipment and systems including but not limited to SDI switchers, routers, amplifiers, converters, cameras and ENG equipment
• Operate and repair high power UHF transmitters.
• Assist with microwave shots when needed.
• Collaborate with members of the engineering team to solve technical problems.
• Make repairs of electronic equipment to the component level.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Electronics.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license
• Minimum two years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio/video equipment.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, whenever the need arises.
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces indoors and outdoors.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.