Master Control Operator
Fort Wayne, IN
Chief Engineer - WPTA
WPTA TV is northeast Indiana's most honored broadcaster. Our commitment to quality journalism has been recognized with multiple National Edward R. Murrow Awards, regional Emmy Awards and the highest honors form the Indiana Broadcasters Association. Our team produces 41 hours of news each week across our ABC and NBC channels and is committed to local, in-depth special programming that airs in addition to traditional newscasts. WPTA is part of Gray Television, a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations across the United States.
WPTA Television, Inc., Fort Wayne, Indiana has an immediate opening for an experienced Chief Engineer to join our management team. A Chief Engineer who will lead and manage a staff of Engineers and IT professionals. Overall job description is to maintain the stations broadcast technology, facilities, and all equipment. In addition, ensure all stations follow FCC standards and guidelines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Repair and troubleshoot technical equipment and systems.
• Responsible for station Engineering budget and project budgets.
• Able to work with other Department Heads well in planning and executing station projects.
• Integration, maintenance, and operation of new and existing equipment including towers, transmitters, microwave and satellite gear and tenant installations
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Oversight and maintenance of all station physical assets including buildings and grounds
• Oversight of all broadcast and IT systems
• Understanding and compliance of EAS standards and practices
• Setup remote broadcasts on location
• Perform other tasks as assigned
Experience in television broadcast engineering is required. Management experience is a plus. Must possess good interpersonal communications skills, both oral and written, and be fully computer literate. Comprehensive knowledge of core broadcast systems, on-air automation, television studio equipment, IOT transmitters as well knowledge of IT networks, computer maintenance and repair. Must be familiar with FCC rules and broadcast standards and with network routing and IP addressing. Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks based on station needs. Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, occasional work on ladders. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in good standing. Be available ''on call'' 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency engineering problems. Work in cooperation with all departments to achieve technical excellence and station profitability
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn5w2-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.