WPIX-11 is looking for a DGA represented Stage manager to direct the studio floor in a fast-paced News/Production environment. This position will act as the primary liaison between the control room, on-air talent, and stage crew. Responsible for technical interface between production crew and producers and meets daily with producers and directors to determine needs of upcoming segments, identifying production elements including props and set elements.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional environment on the studio floor
• The ability to read an ENPS show rundown
• Cue talent and relay pertinent information to the studio staff
• Manage time for all on studio floor including visitors and guests
• Stay aware of constant changes within the show's broadcast
• Lead the studio production crew at the same time keeping the on-air talent at ease
• Relay information from the director/Overdrive operator to the on-air talent
Applicant must be willing to work varied shifts which may include: mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 3 to 5 years‑progressive experience working. Experience in news gathering a major market. Must have good organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8934x-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.