West Palm Beach, FL
WPEC is searching for an Engineering/Operations Technician to work and grow in our West Palm Beach facility. We are looking for a DOER who wants to learn and grow. The B.E.T. will be challenged to operate and maintain modern television broadcast equipment in a fast paced, live focused environment. As a key member of the On Air Operations and Engineering team, the right candidate will be given an opportunity to work ''Hands-On'' with a variety of complex broadcast systems and equipment. Some computer networking skills and a basic understanding of electronic theory is required, as we expect you to hit the ground running and learning along the way. Extra points for Master Control experience! This is a great opportunity for an experienced MCO who wants to transition into a full time engineering role. You will receive extensive training and the opportunity to learn from veteran Broadcast Engineers. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, this is a solid opportunity to grow with us as we build upon our solid team.
• Regular Operation of Master Control Systems and On-Air Operations Equipment
• Attention to detail and On-Air Quality Control
• Maintain Operational Logs and Reports
• Engineering and Technical duties in support of Live News
• Engineering and Technical duties in support of Technical Projects
• Engineering and Technical duties in support of Project Planning and Execution
• Hands On maintenance of News and Production Equipment
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone, computer or in person.
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends and evenings
• Some College or Military electronics experience is preferred
• Minimum of 2 years broadcast experience is preferred
• Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
• Work on ladders and man-lifts at heights up to 30 feet
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Pull wire and cable through conduits, cable trays and overhead ceilings.
• Distinguish colors in the visible spectrum
• Respond to emergency calls at any time of night or day.
• Maintain a valid driver's license
• Attend all assigned meetings
• Maintain reliable transportation
• Report for other duties as assigned
• Maintain a neat and clean workspace
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!