Writer / Producer - WOWT
WOWT is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Omaha is one of the most progressive cities in the Midwest with a strong market supported by several national industries. The Omaha area boasts an array of top attractions that can't be matched, from the World Famous Henry Doorly Zoo, to the NCAA Men's College World Series. Omaha is popular for our downtown which is home to a revitalized riverfront and the Historic Old Market.
The Writer/Producer is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, producing, and editing commercials, station promotion, public service announcements, and long-form productions, for multiple media, including broadcast and digital.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Meet with clients and sales executives to determine the needs of a client, business, or organization and collaborate to create marketing solutions.
• Work with Marketing Director and News Director to execute station marketing objectives.
• Write scripts for client commercials, station image, news topicals, proof of brand, etc.
• Function as director and videographer (including sound recording) both on location and in studio for commercials and station promotions.
• Edit videos for multiple platforms.
• Create still and animated graphics for multiple platforms. Ability to conform to, maintain, and police, station visual brand guide.
• Help plan and staff station and community events.
• Assist in maintaining the highest quality standards, and work procedures.
• Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized
• May be asked to record voice over audio work.
• This job description is subject to change and includes the right of management to add duties as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent job experience
• Good communication skills
• Advanced video editing skills with experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to ideate and write creatively for multiple media.
• Proficient videography and lighting skills.
• Graphics and compositing skills using Adobe After Effects.
• Able to transport oneself with company vehicle to client meetings and on location shoots.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record (will be reviewed).
• Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing is possible throughout employment.
• Ability to develop a strong rapport with clients.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkz61-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.