Grand Rapids, MI
WOOD TV8 in Grand Rapids Michigan is looking for a hardworking individual who loves TV & video production. The Promotions/Production Producer will be skilled in video production, including shooting and editing with the Adobe suite and assist in the studio doing robotics and floor directing. This hybrid position gives the ideal candidate the opportunity to work in both the promotions and production departments and hone their skills. This position will be responsible for creating on-air promotional videos, special projects and working in studio during early evening newscasts. This person will assist in live field production, promotional events and other duties as assigned
• Work closely with Creative Services Director, Promotions Manager & Production Manager to complete assigned duties
• Work to create on-brand station promos, proof of brand spots, daily topicals and other video projects as assigned
• Write, produce, light, shoot, edit promos
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on-time
• Produce client sponsored promotional content as assigned
• Be organized and have good project management skills
• Work as a floor director during live shows
• Work as a robotics operator during live shows
• Potential weekend and holiday shifts for live shows
• Opportunity to work on graphics using Photoshop
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Proficiency in live television production and post-production
• Ability to write, produce, shoot, edit
• Proficient in computer software application (ex: Adobe Suite, Premiere, Microsoft)
• Possess strong video production skills utilizing new and changing technology and equipment
• Working knowledge of lighting equipment and audio gear
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
• Good writing skills and understanding of how to create messages that drive tune-in
• Must be able to provide a reel of work examples- please include with your resume for consideration
• Must be able to work under pressure during live broadcasts
• Good team-oriented person
Education/Experience: Associate's degree preferred or industry related production experience.
Training/Equipment: Videography & editing skills. Live studio production experience.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to lift equipment such as cameras, tripods, lights, etc.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy573-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.