WONDERY is seeking a highly motivated marketer to oversee the creation and execution of its podcast marketing campaigns. The right candidate is a heavy podcast listener with an eclectic background that potentially includes marketing, sales, hospitality, public relations, creative writing, analytics, and project management. This position will be working with a number of high profile podcast hosts, producers, and creators. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of stakeholder management throughout their career as well as strong examples of building marketing strategies for clients/partners. This is a creative role but also requires a strong degree of analytical proficiency. While direct podcast marketing experience is preferred, a passion for podcasting is a must. This position will report into the Director of Partnerships Marketing.
Key job responsibilities
• Interface, manage, and build relationships with creators and representatives of our partner shows
• Identify the value proposition and audience segmentation, and design the marketing campaign for new show launches
• Act as a voice for Wondery partner shows to internal (content, ad sales, etc…) and external (agencies, partners, audio platforms) teams
• Manage the show marketing budget and track KPIs
• Create and execute flawlessly on marketing plans
• Compile comprehensive pre-launch and post-mortem reports
• Design and execute briefs for marketing resource groups – Creative, Social, PR, Media and Data
• Keep abreast of podcast industry news, and emerging trends in content marketing
• Support the team as subject matter expert in an area of our marketing disciplines
• Lead development of creative materials. Including: Copy, key art, Audio ads, video trailers, etc.
About the team
Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including ''Dr. Death,'' ''The Shrink Next Door,'' ''American Scandal'' and ''Business Wars.'' Wondery is behind 10 of the Top 20 New Shows of 2020, according to Podtrac. Thirty-six of Wondery's shows have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including ''The Vaping Fix'' and ''The Apology Line''. Several of Wondery's shows are in the process of being adapted for scripted television, including Dirty John on USA, and the upcoming The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+ and Dr. Death with Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' Wondery's unique podcast experience is now personalized for fans in the Wondery app. The app is home to their premium ad-free offer, Wondery+, which has over 13,000 episodes, including exclusive podcasts, bonus episodes and early release of some shows.
• 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Bachelor's Degree
• Podcast marketing experience
• Love for the podcast medium
• An open mind and willingness to learn
• Curious by nature
• Organizational and Project Management skills
• Interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to persuasively present insights and recommendations to stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34poq-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.