Full Time Job
Senior Originals Producer
- Full Time
Job DescriptionJob summary
Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy series including Apology Line, Even the Rich, American Scandal and Business Wars. Wondery's shows have gained critical acclaim and commercial success from an immersive approach to audio storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' Ten of the Top 20 New Shows of 2020 in the US were from Wondery, according to Podtrac, and an impressive 31 of Wondery's shows hit #1 on Apple Podcasts since 2017. Many Wondery series are being adapted for scripted television, including WeCrashed, The Shrink Next Door, and Dr. Death.
Wondery is looking for an Originals Senior Producer, UK. In this position you will execute the local original podcast content strategy and support the sourcing, development and execution of local original podcast productions, reporting into the Head of Podcast Content, UK. This role will provide support on creative approach, production process, and best practices for how to create compelling original podcasts that can be released within the Wondery brand of premium story-driven podcasts like Business Wars, Dr. Death, Even the Rich, and The Lead and on Amazon Music. You will make recommendations to Wondery senior leadership regarding vetting concepts for Commissioned Originals, and help setting creative goals, budgets, and production timelines with third-party production teams, and connecting them with the senior members of our internal content team to help steer the creative process.
You should be organized, have deep and demonstrable editorial experience including with story structure and storytelling; significant experience with audio and podcast production is expected, but deep development experience in other narrative-led media may be considered. You should be engaged and curious about the world, understand story and how to convey complex factual information in an accurate, entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotionally engaging way. You will be joining a dynamic, creative and fast-paced team, bringing an in-depth knowledge of the UK podcast landscape to support multiple projects in development and production, as well as a high volume of submissions.
Key job responsibilities
• Make recommendations to Wondery senior leadership that will help drive the development and production pipeline of local Original podcasts
• Work with the senior Wondery/Amazon Music team to execute the content strategy for UK.
• Work with stakeholders to help hire the local original team
• Lead highly creative teams, balance several projects at once, drive toward clear goals and pivot quickly when needed, and help producers reach their full potential
• Work on a range of show concepts: from highly produced mini-series to talent-driven interview shows
• Make recommendations that will help determining production goals, timelines, budgets and deliverables with third-party creators
• Act as a local point of contact and support for the local creative community (production companies, talent etc.)
• Liaise with marketing and ad operations to get the marketing and ad sales materials needed from third-party producers and talent
• Regularly communicate with creators and producers
• Collect and provide detailed feedback to senior leadership on outlines, scripts and mixes
• Provide insightful information to Wondery senior leadership that will help the Commissioned Original vetting and approval process
• Multiple years of experience as an editor, producer, audio storyteller, film/television development, or documentary production
• In-depth understanding of the UK podcast marketplace, creative trends and the podcast landscape
• Demonstrated ability to lead large projects and facilitate group meetings.
• Experience in executing against a content strategy and delivering results.
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• A creative approach to storytelling with sound
• Enthusiasm for Wondery's style and ambition to support the development of new approaches to storytelling
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm3v72-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.