We are looking for a seasoned Franchise Development and Marketing leader with a proven track record of building brands/franchises. The ideal candidate will be a customer/fan-obsessed, big thinker who can set a vision, and also an operator who excels at establishing the roadmap for how to get there. Coming in on the ''ground floor,'' this role will work to establish key Wondery IP as brands in the fast-moving and fast-growing podcast space. As such, it is key that the candidate have an entrepreneurial mindset, and be comfortable establishing the blueprint, while delivering executional excellence. He/she/they will excel at cultivating relationships both internally and externally (commercial partners and talent), and generating excitement and building consensus among teams. The ideal candidate is both creative and commercial-savvy, has impeccable taste, and has their finger on the pulse of culture. They are an innovator who is always looking ahead, learns from the past, and is dedicated to being at the forefront of fan experience.
This person will serve as a key partner in supporting Wondery's leadership team and driving overall business performance including connecting dots to unlock the power of One-Amazon. He/she/they will report directly to the Head of Franchise Development who sits on the Wondery executive/management team.
Additional locations include: [Los Angeles, California], [New York, New York]
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and drive execution of long-range franchise plans that extend Wondery, Wondery Kids, our genre brands, and our IP beyond podcasts (e.g., Consumer Products, IRL & Digital Experiences, DTC/eCommerce, Publishing)
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams (e.g., Content, Research, Product, Marketing) and hosts/creators, to develop on-brand extensions that delight fans and drive revenue
• Lead Go-to-Market plans and drive execution for key franchise Products and Experiences launches
• Commission and leverage data and insights to inform franchise plans and activations
• Collaborate with the Content team to future proof IP for franchise, and develop franchise bets
• Identify and champion new business opportunities and models; create best-in-class franchise presentations and pitches to secure these opportunities and merchandise the teams' progress
• Set strategic direction and manage licensing agency in identifying, pitching, securing and negotiating Consumer Products and Collaboration deals across product categories to meet or exceed revenue targets
• Stay abreast of and deliver share-outs to educate Wondery on franchise best practices and key learnings from other IP
• Connect dots to unlock the power of One-Amazon
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, British Scandal, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner showsSmartLess, My Favorite Murder, Morbid and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the ''Top 25 New Shows of 2022'', according to Podtrac, including Twin Flames, Fed Up and Will be Wild. Over 50 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Scamfluencers and Twin Flames. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV+. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling. The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening. https://wondery.com/
• 5+ years of professional or military experience
• Experience structuring and negotiating complex agreements and leading cross-functional groups to orchestrate and successfully complete deals
• Experience with sales CRM tools such as Salesforce or similar software
• Several years of experience in the entertainment/content industry
• Direct responsibility for building and executing long-range brand/franchise plans
• Experience influencing multiple stakeholders and leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Experience working with technical and product stakeholders to define requirements, prioritize features, and influence product roadmaps
• Experience in any or all the following: brand/ franchise management, marketing, consumer products, business development, and/or partnerships AND kids & family brands
• A proven track record of working with creative/storytelling teams, and hosts/talent
• Experience working globally
• A consumer of all types of media including podcasts
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $213,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxjb1-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.